Sunday, November 22, 2009
NaNoWriMo
I've discovered that it's really hard to write 1666 words per day for a month. That's 50,000 words in 30 days if you're wondering. Why would I do such a thing? Madeleine's English class is doing NaNoWriMo this month as an assignment, so I decided it would be fun to do it too. It's actually hard and stressful and crazy, but it's fun at the same time. They have excellent pep talks from real writers (the published kind); it's almost worth doing this just to have an e-mail from Jasper Fforde show up in my mailbox. I might even do it again next year, even though I truly believe that the majority of what I'm writing is crap. According to the pros, writing crap is good practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Remind me and I'll do it next year with you.
Only three days left until we see you again.
Post a Comment