Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lemon Buns

I'm pretty much in love with King Arthur Flour. Not the flour itself, although it is good, but the website. I also drool over the catalog that I get in the mail. And the emails. Every now and then I just go through the recipes and print a few out, then try them over the next couple of weeks.
Just before Valentine's Day I got an email with a picture of Lemon Love Buns, which are just Lemon Buns made into heart shapes for Valentine's Day. I fortuitously had the lemon oil on hand since I'd planned to try a brioche recipe (still haven't), but you can use lemon zest as well.
The website often has step-by-step pictures of the mixing/shaping/baking process, which come in handy. These were so yummy and looked so good that I had to post it. (These are my actual handiwork, not a picture stolen from the website!)

3 comments:

April said...

mmm these sound so yummy! I love that you share great recipes, thanks :)

Ellen said...

Those look to die for! Are they kind of like a pretzel? It sort of looks like one.

The Andrew Family said...

As one who has eaten those lemon buns, my mouth started drooling when saw them. Too tastey!