Monday, May 23, 2011

Perfection

It should be clear to most of you that I've been quite devoted to baking lately (probably as many as 80% of you, which would be four out of my five readers). For years I've wanted to try making croissants but didn't have the guts. It involves multiple steps, lots of putting dough in the fridge to chill, and folding and rolling repeatedly.
However, my love of croissants and the impossible task of finding a decent one without a long drive spurred me on. That and my totally amazing new cookbook which is providing me with an endless stream of fantastic recipes.
Call it beginner's luck, but they came out perfect the first time! I was on both a baking and a butter high. I'll post some pictures of the process next time.

3 comments:

bonnieg said...

I want to lick the screen, it looks sooo good. I LOVE croissants.

Anjanette said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dad said...

My cardiologist is very happy I don't live close to you!