Friday, May 29, 2009

Recipe of the Week

Okay, so I've decided that I need to add a new element to my blog, something of interest, something that will actually encourage me to get on and post now and then. So here's the beginning of "The Recipe of the Week." I made Banana Bars this week and every time I give some away the recipients say they love them. They might be making up these favorable comments just to be polite, I can't be sure, but here's the recipe for anyone who wants it.
Oh, and this may or may not be posted weekly. Just being realistic.

Banana Bars

1 stick margarine
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 ¼ cups flour
2/3 container sour cream (about 11 ounces)
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes in a jelly roll pan.
Top with cream cheese frosting – 1 stick butter, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla and 2 cups icing sugar

5 comments:

The Andrew Family said...

These are fabulous, I'm not just being polite. They melt in your mouth. And your triple torte is so good I eat and eat before I realize it's so rich I'm going to throw up. It's that good.

Joanie said...

Is this a pity comment?

Megan said...

Of course it's a pity comment.

But the bars do melt in your mouth.

And the torte is worth throwing up for.

The Andrew Family said...

Argh! That was me! Megan was logged on but I didn't realize it. I should have previewed the comment.

Brother.

Sharon said...

No kidding - I was looking at the 6 ripe bananas in my fruit bowl this very morning (by ripe I mean not hard enough for me) and wondered what the heck I could do with them besides banana bread or smoothies. Truly.

It takes so little to make my day....

Guess what we'll be having for FHE snack tonight?