As I sit here eating my lunch of leftovers, I've been inspired as to what my next Recipe of the Week should be. Plus, I told Shauna I'd give her the recipe. It's a great summer salad and it's easy to fool your kids into thinking the spinach is lettuce.
Spinach & Rice Salad
1 cup uncooked rice
½ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
2 cups fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
½ cup sliced celery
½ cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup crumbled crisp bacon
Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to bowl. Cool slightly. Combine dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Stir into warm rice. Cover and chill. Fold in remaining ingredients before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
3 comments:
Oooooo, that sounds really good, I think I'll try it. Which you really didn't need to know but it's my pity comment for the week. Just checking things off my to do list. "Give pity to poor Joanie." Check.
You're so kind to me
I saw a girl we knew from church a dozen years ago in the Baltimore airport the other day. When she was trying to place who I was, I said, "My wife is Joanie." Suddenly she remembered us and told her entire family — Joanie is the one who gave her the recipe for the spinach and rice salad they all loved.
Post a Comment