This is my favorite blueberry pie recipe. I've been eating it for years, and now that I've finally learned to make pie crust (after years of failure) I can make it without having my mommy around to help me. I'll include the crust recipe as well; it's from the Crisco can, but I think it's the higher fat Canadian version.
Blueberry Pie
4 cups blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour (4 if frozen)
dash of salt
optional: ½ tsp cinnamon (I put it in)
Fill pie shell, sprinkle with 1-2 tsp lemon juice, dot with 1 tbsp butter. Add top crust. Bake at 400 F for 35-40 minutes.
Pie Crust (makes 1 double-crust pie)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup Crisco shortening
4 tbsp ice water
Combine flour, salt, and shortening with pastry cutter. Add ice water. I like to chill it in the fridge for an hour or two before I roll it out, and I roll it between sheets of waxed paper.
1 comment:
It's so yum.
Post a Comment